WHAT IS MICROBLADING | FEATHER TOUCH BROWS?
Feather touch or Microblading is semi-permanent tattooing of the eyebrows, confusion swirls around the the forever growing use of names for Microblading. It’s also known as Feather Touch brows, 3D Brows and Eyebrow Embroidery, Eyebrow Tattooing, Feathered Brows the list goes on. It originated in Far East Asia, this method is the finest form of eyebrow tattooing. The required pigment (we prefer to use Swiss Organic Synthetic pigments) is deposited into the Epidermal layer of the skin with a high quality sterile disposable Microblade to deposit very fine hair like lines of pigment into the skin. These thin lines flow in the same direction as your own eyebrow hairs, to create crisp and natural results. When using this method, the pigment is deposited closer to the surface of the skin than when the conventional machine method is used. All equipment used during the procedure is sterile and disposable, we take great pride in keeping a clean studio for our clients, we also use hospital grade cleaning products.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE GETTING YOUR EYEBROWS TATTOOED
- If you have recently tanned, this will affect the outcome of the healed colour.
- If you are sunburnt you will need to reschedule your Microblading appointment.
- Do not drink ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE before the procedure (at least 24-48 hrs for alcohol as it thins the blood and will affect pigment retention).
- Do not take Advil, Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish Oils and/or Ibuprofen or other blood thinners unless medically necessary, 48-72.hrs prior to your procedure. Taking these prior to the appointment will cause unnecessary bleeding, giving you unsatisfactory results – bleeding pushes the pigment out of the skin.
- If you’ve had laser removal on the brows, the treated can have more scar tissue and can affect the outcome of the result. Please note you may need more treatments than usual to get desired pigment retention.
- Botox should be done at least 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure, Microblading requires stretching of the skin, which could move your botox if it’s fresh.
- Avoid exercising the day of procedure; exercise opens the pores in the skin and increases circulation to nerve receptors making it more painful, you can also bleed more.
- Try to make your appointment when you don’t have your period, the procedure will hurt more than usual, and you will bleed more effecting results.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days before Micorblading; better to let the hair grow out before the appointment if possible.
Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in colour. Over the next 2 days it will appear even darker and thicker as scabs begin to form as the pigment is mixing with your blood. Let the scabs naturally flake off bit by bit. It will take some people up to 14 days for the scabbing to be over.
If you are on any medications or have any Medical conditions you need to contact us before booking. If you are a smoker or are on quite a few medications this can fade your brows quicker than usual.
Please note that Eyebrow tattooing is not something you would get right before a big event or before you leave to go on a sunny fun filled holiday please make sure you you allow for healing time of at least 15 days after your tattoo. Eyebrow aftercare is VERY important to get good results.
If any of the below apply to you, you are NOT SUITABLE for Feather Touch Brows | Microblading
- If you’re under 18 years of age.
- If you have HIV, Hepatitis or any other viral infections or disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have been on Accutane within the past year.
- If you’ve had an organ transplant.
- If you are sick (with cold or flu); this will affect your brows healed results and make the procedure more painful; best to reschedule to get desired results.
- If you have Epilepsy.
- If you get Keloid scars.
- If you have blemishes, pimples, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea or sunburn on your brows.
- If you are on Retin-A or Retinols.
- If you are diabetic (A Dr’s certificate is required – healing time will be longer for you).
- If you are undergoing Chemotherapy I can not tattoo your brows until you are finished and in recovery a Dr’s certificate will be required. It is best to get tattooing done before you undergo Chemotherapy so we can follow your brows natural hair.
HOW LONG WILL FEATHER TOUH BROWS LAST?
It depends on a number of lifestyle factors. Sun exposure for example causes tattooed brows to fade quicker – we suggest using sunscreen on your brows while out in the sun. Swimming in chlorinated water does effect the tattoo ink, so avoid excessive exposure. I find brows tend to fade quicker with the people who regularly go to the gym. Also, be mindful of these ingredients in your daily facial products: Glycol Acid, Retinol, Vitamin A & C. It is recommended that you check your cleansers and moisturisers for these ingredients as they can fade the tattoo prematurely. Beauty treatments such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and IPL lasers: They should be completely AVOIDED in the tattoo area. Make sure to tell your beauty therapist to avoid the brow area and to use a protective barrier film or covering. If you have Alpha Hydroxy Acids in your skin care you need to stop using them for at least 3 months before your appointment to get the best healed results.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT?
Designing your brows, I will measure and mark your face by methods of The Golden Ratio using measuring tools to help achieve the best proportions & symmetry for your bone structure.
With a Cosmetic Tattooing pencil, I’ll draw in a general shape in accordance with the markings we have already made. We can adjust the thickness of the brow to suit your face, your input is also very important to us. We will not proceed to tattoo your new brows until you are 100% happy with the shape. Two hours are put aside to discuss, shape, healing process, pigment colours, the Microblading itself is quite quick, you then have pigment soaks in-between.